Get heat protection that surpasses conventional insulation with HSC Coating. Coating is a ceramic based, water-borne insulation coating designed to insulate and control heat transfer on surface temperatures up to 350°F.
Use HSC Coating as a base coat/primer, or build layers for additional protection. It offers a “green”, non-flammable, non-toxic formula that can be used for applications requiring smooth surfaces over small diameters.
HSC Coating can be applied over metal, concrete, masonry, wood, and other substrates. It is an ideal thermal coating for hot surfaces with irregular shapes such as elbows, joints, valves, tanks, or in tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
This insulation method is much different than the traditional “wrap” insulation materials which merely slow down the loss of heat (known as an R rating or “heat transfer”). The seven ceramic compounds in HSC Coating create a barrier to catch and hold heat on the surface of the unit; whether a pipe, furnace surface, boiler, etc.
Unlike wraps that use air as the insulation component, the ceramic compounds in HSC Coating resist absorbing heat radiating from the surface. This traps and holds the heat onto the surface for more effective insulation performance.
- Easy to Apply – Apply directly to hot pipes while operating with brush, roller, or airless sprayer. Can be applied when a hot system cannot, or is difficult to, shut down.
- Increased Insulation – Additional coats immediately reduce surface temperature and loss of heat.
- Long Lasting – Does not absorb moisture or lose insulation value.
- Safe – HSC™ Coating is non-flammable and non-toxic.
- Coverage – Can be brushed or sprayed to fit over any configuration or shape.
- Exterior Applications – HSC Coating can be used outdoors if top coated.
HSC Coating Uses
- Reduction of external temperature of hot surfaces aiding worker safety.
- Reduction of heat loss for energy savings.
- Blocks heat migration into cold tanks, lines, and valves.
- Stops condensation and does not absorb moisture or lose insulation value for years.
- Helps to stop CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation) by blocking moisture from the pipe surface which can result in accelerated corrosion.
HSC Coating has passed the following tests:
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)
- E-84 Test Report on HSC® Coating prepared by VTEC Laboratories confirming a Class “A”
- Fire Rating
- D-6904 for Resistance to Wind Driven Rain for Exterior Coatings (Fed Spec TT-C-5558)
- c 177
- IMO (International Maritime Organization)
- MSC 61 (67), Part 2, Smoke and Toxicity Requirements for Materials Used as Surface of Bulkheads, Linings, or Ceilings
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
FOOD SAFETY AND INSPECTION SERVICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20250
“FSIS DIRECTIVE 11 ,000.4″
APPROVAL OF PAINTS AND COATINGS — USED IN OFFICIAL ESTABLISHMENTS
LETTER OF WRITTEN CERTIFICATION
AS ACCEPTED BY USDA FROM MANUFACTURER
MANUFACTURER’S NAME AND ADDRESS:
INTERNATIONAL II, INC.
1 0835 W. 78th Street
Shawnee, Kansas 66214 USA
STATEMENT FOR FINISHED PRODUCT- HSC COATING:
- Will not result in adulteration of food products if used and applied as stated in the supplied instructions and label directions.
- Will perform well under a daily regimen of cleaning and cyclical temperature change.
- Is resistant to moisture.
- Is a white color that will not obscure detection of debris or unsanitary conditions.
- Contains no known categories of carcinogens, mutagen, or teratogens classified as hazardous substances, heavy metals, or other toxic substances.
- Is not considered a pesticide and does not have pesticidal characteristics.
HSC Coating Documentation
For the most updated HSC Coating Tech Data Sheet, Application Instructions, and SDS Sheet, please contact us.
Have Any Questions?
Call us at 917-836-7816 for more information about our products or services
Monday - Friday
9:00AM - 5:00PM